In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the process of installing a saw blade on the Trajan 125 band saw. By following these simple steps, you’ll be able to replace your old bandsaw blade and get your machine running at peak performance in no time.
Safety Precautions Before You Begin
Before we dive into the steps for installing a saw blade on the Trajan 125 band saw, it’s essential to ensure that you have taken the necessary safety precautions. Always make sure to:
- Unplug the machine before starting any maintenance.
- Wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE), including safety glasses and gloves.
Removing the Old Bandsaw Blade
Follow these steps to remove the old bandsaw blade from your Trajan 125 machine:
- Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the screws from the back plate of the machine.
- With the cover off, hold the blade steady while de-tensioning the machine.
- Slide the blade around the wheels and casing.
- Gently tap the blade to break it free from the guides.
- Remove the old bandsaw blade and set it aside.
Installing the New Bandsaw Blade
Now that you have removed the old bandsaw blade, it’s time to install the new one. Here’s how:
- Uncoil your new bandsaw blade carefully, ensuring that it’s facing away from you.
- Determine the correct orientation for the blade’s teeth by referring to your Trajan 125 machine. The arrow should point to the left, and the teeth should be oriented in the same direction.
- Begin installing the blade by working it into the guides and feeding it through, back and forth, until it snaps into position.
- Wrap the blade around the wheels, ensuring the back of the bandsaw blade sits on the wheel against the ridge.
- Once the blade is seated on the wheel, tension it using the hand-operated knob on the Trajan 125 and 150 saws. Tighten it until you can’t anymore.
- Turn the machine on and give it a few revolutions to ensure that there are no flaws or defects in the blade that could cause any trouble.
Reinstalling the Back Plate
After you have successfully installed the new bandsaw blade, follow these steps to reinstall the back plate:
- Turn off the machine.
- Reattach the back plate using a screwdriver and the previously removed screws.
By following this step-by-step guide, you will have successfully installed a new bandsaw blade on your Trajan 125 machine. Be sure to check out sawblade.tv for more hands-on series, product overviews, and tech tips from Tom Sawblade Seagraves. And don’t forget that you can order all your saw blades and aftermarket parts from sawblade.com, where there are no middlemen, no markup, and no problem – go direct!